What is a SAALT Circle?
- A safe space for community members to come together every two months and learn about local and national issues impacting the South Asian community in the US
- A place to to share personal experiences
- A way to connect with other community members to strategize ways to address issues
- An opportunity to create change in your community!
Want to be a SAALT Circle Coordinator?
What does a Coordinator do?
- Select a topic or issue affecting
- South Asians in your local or national community
- Find a place to host a SAALT Circle that is accessible to all participants and can be used consistently
- Find speakers in your area who are well-versed in the topic chosen and create an agenda for the SAALT Circle
- Conduct outreach to find community members in your area who are interested
How much time does it take?
- SAALT Circles require an average of 5-10 volunteer hours over a 2 month period
- We encourage 1-2 volunteers to serve as ongoing local SAALT Circle Coordinators
Learn more about what it takes to coordinate a SAALT Circle in the SAALT Circle Toolkit.
If you are interested in bringing a SAALT Circle to your area, please contact SAALT at firstname.lastname@example.org.