HOTLINES & PHONE APPS
- Call Migra (Immigration Enforcement) Hotline: 1-844-363-1423
Call if you or someone you know has been arrested by ICE. You will be connected with local resources.
- Download the Notifica app on your phone and add the phone numbers of family and friends. By using the app, you can send an alert to everyone in your Notifica contact list if you are arrested.
- Video on how to prepare your family in case you are arrested by ICE. Available in Punjabi and English. Produced by Sikh Family Center.
- Video on how to prepare your family in case of arrest by ICE in English. Produced by Catholic Charities.
- How to create a family plan. Available in English. Created by Immigrant Legal Resource Center.
- Protecting finances and children in case of arrest by ICE. Available in English. Produced by Appleseed Network.
- Online Detainee Locator System
- What happens when someone is detained. Available in English. Produced by All Law.
- Video on how to avoid an immigration scam. Available in Punjabi and English. Produced by Sikh Family Center.
WHEN ICE APPROACHES YOU OR A COMMUNITY MEMBER
- Know Your Rights Pocket Cards. Available in Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Bangla, and Nepali. Produced by Restaurant Opportunities Center.
- American Sign Language: What To Do If ICE Visits Your Home
- Flyer for community members on rights during encounters with ICE in the community. Available in Punjabi, Bangla, Hindi, Urdu. Produced by Immigrant Defense Project.
- Poster to hang in the home with a reminder of your rights, what to say, and what to document in case of an ICE (immigration) raid. Available in English. Produced by Immigrant Defense Project.
- Video on what to do when ICE comes to your home. Available in English and Urdu. Produced by ACLU.
- Video on what to do when ICE comes to your home in Punjabi. Produced by Sikh Family Center.
- Video of you rights when ICE is inside your home. Available in English and Urdu. Produced by ACLU.
- Video of your rights when ICE approaches you on the street, at work, in court, or anywhere else in public. Available in English and Urdu. Produced by ACLU.
- Video of what to do when ICE arrests you. Available in English and Urdu. Produced by ACLU.
- Video on what to do when pulled over in a car by the police. Available in Punjabi and English. Produced by Sikh Family Center.
- Red Card in English and Punjabi. Give to ICE if they attempt to enter your home by sliding it under the door. Produced by Sikh Family Center.
- ACLU Wallet Card: What to do if stopped by ICE, Police, or FBI. Available in English. Produced by ACLU.
WHAT TO DO IF AT WORK OR IF YOU ARE AN EMPLOYER
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities During ICE Raid. Available in English. Produced by AILA.
- Worker’s Rights During a Raid. Available in English, Punjabi. Produced by AILA.
- Worksite Rights for Workers. Available in English. Produced by Legal Aid At Work.
BOND AND LEGAL SUPPORT
COMMUNITY RESPONSE RESOURCES
- Guide for sharing information about raids on social media. Produced by D.R.U.M.
- Join a rapid response network of South Asians across the U.S. committing to showing up to rallies, provide interpretation, translation, and/or legal counsel. Sign up here.
- Immigrant Defense Project’s extensive action list for community members interested in stopping detention and deportation.
- Toolkit for defending against ICE raids and community arrests. Produced by Immigrant Defense Project and Center for Constitutional Rights.
- How to video document ICE encounters. Produced by Immigrant Defense Project.
- Host a Know-Your-Rights presentation in your community with the Immigrant Legal Resource Center’s train-the-trainer toolkit. Collaborate with local community, cultural, or religious centers, public libraries, and other institutions to reach community members.
- Print and share the resources with members of your community. Pass them out at large events, leave them in grocery stores, restaurants, and other businesses and places community members frequent.
- Know legal support and resource networks as well as community bond relief programs to refer community members to Have it written down and easily accessibly when needed. Share with community members through social media, WhatsApp, and other communication methods.
- If you are an attorney, sign up to join our legal support network to provide low-cost or probono support to detained immigrants.
- Learn about community led responses to ICE raids and arrests.
- Northern California and California Bay Area Resources. Scroll down for the image with phone numbers listed.
- Southern California Rapid Response Networks. Facebook thread on rapid response networks. Click through the images.
- Immigration Emergency Hotline: DC, Maryland, Virginia. Available in Hindi, Urdu, Bangla, Nepali, Punjabi
- Illinois government agencies offering support to immigrants. Available in English, Hindi.
- The Fronterizo Fianza Fund is a community bond (fianza) fund based in El Paso and serving Far West Texas and New Mexico. Many detained migrants have no chance to be released while they wait the months or years until their trial. When someone does receive a bond, they are often way out of reach for most families, ranging anywhere from $1,500-50,000.
- The Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project is the only organization in Arizona that provides free legal and social services to detained men, women, and children under threat of deportation.
- The Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES) promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families and refugees in Central and South Texas.