National South Asian Summit 2013
In Pursuit of Justice
April 19-22, 2013 | Washington, DC
- ChangeMakers Awards Reception, featuring Pramila Jayapal, honoring individuals and programs advancing social justice
- Over 40 issue-based, organizational development, skills-building, and strategy workshops, panels, plenaries, and caucuses
- Strategic convening of National Coalition of South Asian Organizations that work on gender justice issues
- Congressional briefing with community leaders about data on immigration reform as it relates to South Asians, client stories of struggles due to our current immigration system, and calls to action
- Briefing by Administration and government about immigration reform, health care access, and hate crimes, with panelists from The White House, U.S Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islander
- Hill visits to 14 key legislative offices
Read the full Summit 2013 report here.
The National South Asian Summit 2013 was hosted by South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT) and the South Asian Law Student Association (SALSA) at American University Washington College of Law as part of the Founder’s Day Celebration.
The National South Asian Summit 2013 was generously supported by:
With generous support from the Ford Foundation, the Four Freedoms Fund, the Security and Rights Collaborative, Open Society Foundations, W.K. Kellogg Foundation, and Atlantic Philanthropies.